Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This, That, and the Other



-I have been noticing recently how loud and annoying people are at school who are not speaking English. It's like they have no concept that others are around. Just because I don't know what you're saying doesn't make it any less annoying. I've taken into consideration my raging racism on this one, but I don't think that's why I get so annoyed. News flash to people who speak another language; "I can still hear you! This isn't sign language, buddy. Shut the fuck up!"

-While on that note, there is one language that I find extremely soothing. I've noticed this whilst at the library recently studying for my first part of the CPA exam (which sucked balls, by the way). I've come to realized that I love the sound of a nice Chinese whisper. And since I study upstairs at Grainger Library a lot, there is no shortage of this. Call me racist against Chinese people if you will, but "How can it be racist if I like them?"

-Making your bed = retarded. I find it acceptable IF you are dating someone who will not sleep with you unless your bed is made, or you are planning on bringing a girl back from a bar (who I'm sure wouldn't mind anyway because if she's willing to sleep with a complete stranger, then I doubt a neatly made bed is where she draws the line).

-I thought this was funny. A few months ago, I sent in my application for the CPA and included a copy of my official transcript (as was required). They sent me a letter back a couple weeks later saying "We may or may not have received your transcripts." REALLY? What is the point of notifying me about this? My status or position hasn't changed in any way as a result of this information. Way to go dirt-merchants on the Illinois Board of Examiners.

Until next time,

-M-

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Was the "making your bed" directed at me? If so, I do not apologize. It just looks so much nicer!

Anonymous said...

to go along with making the bed comment... clean sheets are a must, especially in your case.

Unknown said...

Madface, obviously you can have clean sheets on your bed but still not ever make your bed.

The question is, why do you bedmakers out there feel this compulsive desire to make your bed, only to undo all the work you've done just hours later when you go to sleep? The cycle continues day in and day out. So much wasted energy. It borders on insanity.

Scottimus said...

By that logic Gene, why even bother waking up every morning if you're only going undo that wakefulness by falling asleep again later?

Scottimus said...

Not that I make my bed unless there are other people around.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but a bunch of cool stuff happens once you wake up that make it worthwhile. You get to eat things and play video games and watch TV and drink slurpies and stuff. There is no corresponding advantage to making a bed, other than to satisfy some neurotic desire for order. That said, we've all thought about just staying in bed all day. It might not be such a bad idea...

Anonymous said...

Dude, I was just noticing that whole bit about people speaking other languages. It's like they think you can't hear them.