Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Captain Poo Face



I haven't posted in almost a month, so I thought I write something. But all that comes to mind are stories from college. So I thought I'd share one with you.

I was once in a business law class that had an extra credit sheet passed around each day for attending that day's class. This was a particularly difficult course and each extra credit point was very important.

I feel that I must mention that the professor of the course was, simply put, the most serious, bad ass professor the world has ever known. However, his writing on the board was absolute shit and required a solid 5 minutes of devotion to decipher. Because of this, it was extremely important to keep up with what he said, and not rely on his chicken scratch writing. As the extra credit sheet came to me, while my professor was mid-sentence, I asked my roommate (who shall remain unnamed) if he could sign my name for me so that I could continue to take notes and not get behind. My roommate did and class continued as normal.

Two days later, at the next business law class, when the extra credit sheet came around to me, I noticed that my name from the previous class had been crossed out in red marker. When I took a closer look to see why, I saw that my signature for that day was "Captain Poo Face". My jerk-off roommate thought it would be funny to write that instead of my name. Normally I would let this slide, because any sort of confrontation with my professor was the last thing I wanted. But because I needed every point for this class, I had to speak with my professor after class about this incident.

When class ended, I walked up to the front of the class to explain the situation. My face was beet red from embarrassment and I was sweating profusely (as all Haney's do). As I fumbled over my words and tried to explain the situation to him, I noticed that my professor wouldn't look me directly in the eyes. He continued to look just off to the side, making the conversation even more awkward and embarrassing. Finally, when I was done explaining, and had completely pitted through my shirt he said two things in his always serious tone.

"Looks like you should choose some better friends" and that he'd give me the point back.

I guess he took pity on me for having to try to explain myself to him. But you should know that I got back at my roommate by setting part of his beloved POS recliner chair on our balcony on fire one glorious night.

Just another awkward moment in the life of a "short, stocky, slow-witted, bald (TBD)" man.

Until next time,

-M-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, I would love to meet genius who masterminded that perfect prank...