Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random Super Bowl Musings


First Half


- I was going to mention how good Jennifer Hudson was...but she lip-synced.

- Alex Flanagan, NBC eye candy sideline reporter quoted F Scott Fitzgerald (my other other brother from another mother) "there are no second acts in American lives" and then said that he must not have known Kurt Warner. Really Alex? First of all Fitz, died thirty years before Warner was born and secondly you had two weeks to think of an intro and this was the best you could do?

- Outside of injuries, is the only time both teams fan's cheer when the kickoff is returned between the 25 and 28 yard lines?

- Hey Gerald Hayes (Cardinals LB), when it's second and goal from the 6 and you let up a 5 yard run, please don't do a Ray Lewis gravedigger dance.

- When Pepsi decided to compare Bob Dylan to Will I Am they ended all chance I would ever say yes when a waiter asks me "is Pepsi ok?"

- GoDaddy.com is getting old.

- Apparently James Harrison is the best defensive player in the NFL, yet I know more about Alexander Ovechkin...and the NHL has a marketing problem?

- Note to NBC, when using Roman numerals to tell us what Super Bowls a player or coach was in please leave them up there for more than three seconds.

Halftime Show

- Hello red.

- He who shall not be named blows his load early by playing Born to Run second.

- Real quick, your a CIA agent about to torture a terrorist when you receive a memo from the Messiah President Obama stating that water boarding is no longer allowed. Do you play Nickelback "Photograph" or He who shall not be named "Working on a Dream" to get the intel out of him? *Answer at the bottom*

- Is it just me or did anyone else laugh out loud during the Toyota Tundra commercial when they said tranny? Maybe its because I'm not a car guy but when I think of transvestites and trucks I think of this:



- Why am I listening to Jerome Bettis talk about body language? When did he become an expert on that?

Second Half

- So let me get this straight, James Harrison went from being cut four times by the Steelers and Ravens to Defensive MVP of the league yet no one brings up steroids or HGH? I mean it's not like their team doctor was arrested for distributing HGH to elderly people...oh wait he was.

- Larry Fitzgerald finally arrives.

- God I love hearing my name.

- Why do people boo on instant replay? The only time I could ever think it was acceptable was when the ref explained the "tuck rule".

- Back-up Steelers TE Matt Spaeth grabs a catch and the Steeler fans chant Heeeeaaath, for Heath Miller. Just goes to show that even in the year 2009 with a black president racism is still alive.

- Beyond getting my ESPN Streak for the Cash streak up to 6 I didn't really care who won this game. Then I saw Steelers kicker Jeff Reed. This man gives white people everywhere a bad name.



- For the record when the Steelers had the ball on 3 and it was 3rd and goal I called a QB draw. Witnessed by Emily and Haney.

- Was it just me and Deano or did John Madden draw a penis when he diagrammed the Larry Fitzgerald touchdown?

- Al Michaels dropping some vocab on us with the word "alacrity." You knew somewhere Bill Raferty was smiling...and muttering "man to man!"

- Note to the NFL and NBC, stop trying to pose on the Stanley Cup with the "quest for the Lombardi" crap. Players and coaches want to be Super Bowl champions, not once has a player or coach said "we are on a quest for Lombardi."

- How is Warner's "fumble" not reviewed? Cardinal fans can now forever say this game is tainted. That and the fact that their team was called for about 21 penalties.

Postgame

- Troy Polamalu played like a dog.

- Ben Roethlisberger has to be the worst QB to ever play in two Super Bowls, much less win two of them.

- Budweiser, Bud Light, and Bud Light Lime pulled a Jake Delhomme today. (For those unaware of what that means, Budweiser sucked)
Budweiser =

*Answer to above question on what to do to the terrorist:

Trick question, you are Jack Bauer and are now working outside the government. You shoot the terrorist in the kneecap and he immediately gives you the location of the dirty bomb.

2 comments:

M said...

Jeff Reed looks like he totally smells like someone from the South. I don't know why, but when I see this picture, it gets my gag reflex going.

Unknown said...

Sorry Tom, looks like your "On the road to defeated" feature is dunzo