Thursday, April 30, 2009

That's Politics Bitch



- Arlen Specter is a douche. In case you missed it, Arlen, a five term Republican Senator, switched to the Democratic Party thus putting them one vote away from a filibuster proof majority. Arlen cited "philosophical" differences and that he knew he wouldn't win the Republican primary in 2010. First, you are a 79 year old FIVE TERM Senator. Please don't tell me that now you have philosophical differences. Secondly, you are a whore. Switching political parties just to win a senate seat makes you no better, and truthfully way worse than a hooker turning tricks at night. Just be lucky I didn't vote for you because if I had I would literally pick up a piece of poo that had already come out of your mouth and throw it back in your face.

- I got through the first half of Obama's "press conference" yesterday before I almost punched a hole threw a wall. Real quick though, is it really a press conference when you already have a list of preordained reporters to call on, have talking points on teleprompters, and don't call on Fox News which might actually ask you a tough question? I'll let you decide but I digress. Yesterday a reporter asked Obama about his commencement speech at Notre Dame and how it might anger Catholic voters who disagree with his stance on abortion and his desire to pass the Freedom of Choice Act (the Freedom of Choice Act would abolish all state and local rules regarding abortion, thus allowing children to get an abortion without adult or pediatrician consent). Obama responded that he had been very consistent on his opinion, yada yada yada, but then he said this,

"The reason I'm pro-choice is because I don't think women take that -- that position casually. I think that they struggle with these decisions each and every day. And I think they are in a better position to make these decisions ultimately than members of Congress or a president of the United States, in consultation with their families, with their doctors, with their doctors, with their clergy."

Really you turd? The Freedom of Choice Act allows children to not have to consult with their parents, doctors, or clergymen. When he said this I almost turned into the Hulk last night. Thankfully there wasn't a baby present because I would have punted it.

- I also loved how once again Obama blamed the deficit on Bush. Really Barack? Bush didn't control the budget, Congress did. As a member of the Democrat controlled Senate from 2006 - 2008 you voted for more spending and supported the Bush bailout and even asked that it be made bigger. Read more about it here. But seriously, for how long will Obama blame Bush? I'm guessing he will never stop.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

For someone who claims to be a moderate you would think one of these politics posts one day would criticize conservatives and the republican party?

M said...

Barack - "...in consultation with their families, with their doctors, with their doctors, with their clergy."

Tom - "Really you turd? The Freedom of Choice Act allows children to not have to consult with their parents, doctors, or clergymen."

M says - I may be wrong b/c I take absolutely no time to look into this type of stuff but it sounds to me like Barack is saying that women should have the choice to make the decision on their own OR choose to consult friends, family, etc. for support. Tom, The Freedom of Choice act doesn't prevent women from consulting with others, but rather doesn't FORCE them to (which seems to be what you're in favor of). Just pointing out how you are misrepresenting someone else's stance on an issue.

Tom said...

Anonymous (by the way I may remove the ability for anonymous people to post) - The Republicans haven't done anything that I can fault them for. Conservative commentators on the other hand, totally different story. I loathe what Rush and Hannity say on a daily basis but I'm not going to give them print on my blog. I am a big fan of Glenn Beck, give him a chance.

M - Obama is spewing crap. There is no law that makes a woman consult congress or the president. The laws that he wants to abolish are the ones that require minors to inform their parents or pediatrician that they are having an abortion. Note that they don't need consent, rather they just have to inform them. So if Obama was in favor of women consulting their families or doctors than why would he abolish laws requiring minors to inform their parents?

M said...

He's in favor of women having the OPTION to consult/inform their parents. He never sais that they should have to.

YES.WE.CAN said...

tom- alot of rage filled in this post. simmer down. everything is looking pretty good these days, the DOW is goin up. he handled the pirates pretty good. will see how he handles the swine flu. the economy is looking better. he is giving america confidence.

btw heres an easy thing to criticize republicans about. damn tea parties, talk about being wasteful. and now they are quitting their party for more votes.

Tom said...

He never said they should have the option. I don't know where you are reading that word. He does say that women should make the decision in consultation with their families and doctors. Maybe I am missing it but where does he say they should have the option?

M said...

He is advising that they consult with close ones, but in no way does he imply that they should be FORCED to. By the way, just gchat me any other arguments b/c this is turning into ESPN bitchfest quality.

Tom said...

Greg - Handled the pirates well? You realize that the captain escaped the pirates, was swimming towards our Navy ships and the Navy asked Obama for permission to rescue him and Obama said no? Obama waited 2 more days and finally said yes after saying no when it was way easier and less evasive. My two friends in the Navy said that their commanders are livid with him.

Anonymous said...

funny stuff on Specter

Anonymous said...

did the author of this post attend a tea party by any chance? damn teabaggers

Tom said...

Anonymous (please post your name by the way) - I believe that teabagging only belongs in the bedroom.

MadLibbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadLibbs said...

Great Blog Post Tommy. It's totally spot on and so true. When will the American public realize that Obama is a joke? Ps: My mom loved your post, she's going to start following your blog

O'B said...

If I remember correctly, didn't you write a post about being a libertarian? I'm not trying to be sarcastic btw.

I think its bullshit how he said that he thinks women do not take that position casually. Everyone knows that there are women out there who wouldn't think twice about coming up with a 'viable' excuse to have an abortion. I do admire him for having that much faith in women to not underestimate the magnitude of a decision like that, but I just don't see it.

A comment is a comment Tom. Why should he/she be required to attach a name to that?

Unknown said...

I'm going to defend Specter. Why shouldn't he be allowed to change his mind just to get reelected? If he's changing his views to be more in line with what the people want, then it seems to me that democracy is working. After all, his job is to represent these people, not to shove his own rigid political views down their throats. In an ideal world, politicians would not be so dogmatic and be free to change their mind every once in a while, especially since political careers last so long. Specter has been in politics 30+ years; clearly the Republican party--any political party--is not the same today as it was 30 years ago. Not only has Specter changed, but the party has too, so why on earth should we demonize him?

Jeff Domash said...

I think it is entirely possible that the republican party Specter once shared more in common with has changed so much that he now shares more in common with the democrats. Either way, if he was going to vote with the democrats most of the time anyways, what is the point of him remaining in the republican party?

Tom said...

Tim - If I'm putting my name out their I'm thinking I should expect the same from other commentators.

Gene and Jeff - The Republican party today is actually quite similar to the one Specter first joined as a senator in 1980. Had he left during the previous 8 years than that would have been a different story.

I also find it unbelievable that you are even allowed to do this. If you want to switch parties than you should resign your seat and run in the next election under your new party. The voters didn't elect you as Democrat and you shouldn't be allowed to serve as such.

Also, Arlen Specter is a whore.

YES.WE.CAN said...

Tom you do for once bring up a logical point, specter did misrepresent himself to the people. But voting should not be about looking at a party line and just voting Republican or Democrat. It should be about voting for the best canidate for the job. Obviously the people who voted for specter the past 5 terms did not watch him carefully enough. Although douche bag thing to do he does have the right to change his mind about his stance on politics.

btw this has turned out to be an awesome post to comment on, but lets get back on track to what makes this blog great: underrated hot women actresses.

O'B said...

you didnt answer my other question.

Tom said...

Tim - You mean about me being a libertarian? Yes I would consider myself a libertarian, but one who doesn't want to get rid of everything.