Saturday, April 18, 2009

Musical talents and slips of the tongue

Since my brain is pretty much fried all week nowadays, I haven't come up with anything interesting to write about. In my state of recovery from the workweek, I often turn to music and the internet to help me relax. I would like to share some of these things that made me smile today.

This kid is a prodigy. Why didn't my parents push me to do something like this?


I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I really enjoyed watching... errr listening to this. It's like I'm sitting on the most glorious rainbow in the world.
Apparently they disabled the embedding code, so you'll have to follow the link:
Susan Boyle

For those who follow politics, I'm sure you were aware of the Tax Day "Tea Parties" that were organized to protest all of the government spending. I'm not sure if this was a Freudian slip or if he actually ment to say it like this, but nonetheless Anderson Cooper is not only very true but very funny.


Finally, we come to a coaching change in the world of college basketball. Isiah Thomas is best known for his days playing at Indiana University and for the Detroit Pistons. While his reputation of late has been tarnished by running the Knicks into the ground, he is trying to rebuild his image and start anew at Florida International University. He is even donating this year's salary to the school (though the Knicks are paying him much more to NOT be involved with them anymore). I would still expect this to be big news on FIU's campus, and the administration would be glad to welcome the added press and hopefully increase in ticket sales. And this is how they welcome him...

No comments: