Friday, April 17, 2009

What the do gonna be...


I haven't posted anything in awhile. Because I know that all of your pathetic lives revolve around my posts, I've decided to grace the blog with my presence again (aside from the 'Quote of the Day').

Basically my life has revolved around studying for the CPA recently, so not much has happened. But here are a few thoughts/stories that have occupied much of my time outside of studying.

B.O. Man (that's him above)

I work at the Union Computer Lab every Tuesday from 10am-4pm, and then again from 6pm-8pm. The kid who replaces me and works from 4-6pm has without a doubt the worst B.O. I have ever smelled in my life. Coming from me, that's saying a lot. Not that I have horrible B.O., but my farts are pretty rank, so I have experience. Anyway, every time I come back to replace him at 6pm, I have to deal with this horrible smell for about 15 minutes (that's how long it takes for the smell to dissipate to a bearable amount after he's left). Seriously, I thought this guy was ripping ass before he left every time. I'm not sure if he eats farts or what, but I find myself literally gagging from the smell in the lab. I've almost thrown up from it. I have thought about changing shifts to avoid working by this kid.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Dull

Tom and I watched this the other day. What a fucking shitty ass movie. Here are my main problems with it (ignoring many of the other shitty parts).

(1) You cannot survive a Nuclear bomb explosion that lands pretty much right on top of you by getting in a lead refrigerator. And even if I were to believe that you could, if the 'frige is blown 1/2 a mile away and lands bouncing off the ground, you do not get out of it completely unscathed. Most likely every bone in your body would be broken.

(2) Its no wonder that Russia and Communism never won out. They have to be the worst shots in the world. I mean, they probably fired 10,000 bullets at "Dr. Jones, Dr. Jones" from 20 feet away and never hit him once.

(3) Fire ants or termites (or whatever the fuck the insects were in the jungle in the movie) aren't smart enough to climb each other's bodies in order to get up high enough to reach you in the air. Seriously retarded.

(4) Although Shia Labeouf is a total badass, he's not George of the fucking Jungle. He can't swing from tree branch to tree branch, and sure as shit can't do it fast enough to catch up to a car speeding car away from him. Also, can he speak to the monkeys of the jungle or something? Because they seemed to do his biddings pretty fast in the movie by attacking only the villains.

WCG Ultimate Gamer

This is a show that I've been tuning into recently on the Sci-Fi channel. I know, nothing good has come from Sci-Fi since Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, but this show has some serious staying power. Aside from being a reality video game show (which is awesome!), the production quality of the show is outstanding. It's pretty much Top Chef, but about video games. Plus, they do a great job of including gamers with different backgrounds and specialties (i.e. FPS's, Fighting Games, Sports, Guitar Hero, etc). Each week the competitors face off in a new challenge involving a different game. They first compete in a challenge in the RL ('real-life' for you noobs out there) that attempts to simulate some aspect of that week's game. Then they get their game on with the competition of the actual video game itself.

Prediction: WCG Ultimate Gamer will be picked up by G4 within the next 2 years.

The show airs on Tuesdays at 10/9C. Set you DVR's and check it out.

Until next time,
-M-

No comments: