Friday, August 1, 2008

Random Musings

Is it just me or is swearing one of the more unattractive things a girl can do? I don't mind swearing in the heat of the moment or passion but when a girl swears in everyday conversation...ick. It just makes her seem dirty and trashy. And yes, I know I have a double standard.

Paul Konerko has to be the oldest looking 32 year old on earth.

Although that title will be taken when/if Amy winehouse turns 32.

Whats the deal with notice of public hearing signs on highways or other busy roads? Are we really expected to read size 14 font while driving 50 mph?

The Brewers and more specifically Eric Gagne are a bunch of douchebags. Rather than actually beat the Cubs on the scoreboard Gagne throws high and behind Jim Edmonds after he had already hit two homeruns. This told me all I need to know about their mental makeup and I now predict the Cubs finish 9 games ahead of the Brewers.

Speaking of Gagne, why is his consecutive save record not talked about when people talk about records that should have an asterik? The guy took HGH and as soon as they start cracking down he becomes terrible. If I was Goose Gossage or whoever held the record before I would be making a scene outside ESPN's headquarters.

Who did more damage to the U of I basketball program, Eric Gordon or Jamar Smith?

6 comments:

Tom said...

While that is true Haney, Eric Gordon prevented us from getting Etwuan Moore. Gordon also prevented us from getting Darqueveus Tucker. So while yes player for player Jamar did more harm, it isn't as simple as that.

M said...

Etwuan Moore sucks. Is he even playing anymore for Purdue? I thought they kicked his ass of the team for being so bad. Anyway, we've got your boy Demetri now. Plus, Jamar has hurt the Illini emotionally not to mention physically by almost murdering Carwell.

Tom said...

First of all it's Carlwell. I know you aren't a huge fan but at least get the kid's name right.

Also I would rather have two years Moore than one year Gordon.

M said...

Jamar is tearing us apart from within, like a virus. He's killing or at least injuring one player at a time then he retreats back to the shadows of Champaign. A ninja virus.

YES.WE.CAN said...

ah a good ole tom-haney bitch fest. its not guaranteed that we would have gotten those 2 players if gordon had not committed. hands down jamar has f-ed up the U of I bball team more. I knew when i saw him in discount den in May that he couldnt keep his promise. He should have been kicked off a year and half ago. Maybe we would have another solid 08 recruit with his schollie freed up.

Anonymous said...

Wow Greg, schollie?

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrr