Friday, August 22, 2008

I'll try to make this interesting

Dear readers, (all two of you)

It has been pointed out that (1) I have been asked to blog and (2) this is especially interesting since Tom hates girls. I think in some distorted sense Tom respects me because maybe one day I told *a* funny joke. Whatever it was, I'm riding the wave out.

So now I feel like I have to up the ante a bit to keep the naysayers at bay. (Eeks) So some interesting things: I ran into Mayor Daley today, must have cut out of Beijing early. I was struggling to keep my skirt from flying in the wind (this has happened twice to me in the past two weeks-- like right up to my face), all the while holding a stack of files and an umbrella to go file stuff in court for work. Just outside of City Hall I got a little flustered with my juggling act and oops, bumped into Mayor Daley. Think he schmoozed enough for us to the IOC? I hope so...

And thennn, as if my life were one of those movies that have references to other great movies, outside of the Daley Center, there seemed to be a German festival and it reminded me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. No dancing on any steps, but there was sufficient amount of Lederhosen.

So that was all in one trip and this is completely unconnected, but I think funny enough it needs to be shared. Outside of the train stations (I've seen him at Ogilvy and Union) there's a man asking for money, but his sign is a bit different.

"My girlfriend was kidnapped by ninjas. Need money for ransom and kung fu lessons."

Well, some points for creativity. I'm going to take a picture next time I see him and add it to my album of strange/hilarious things.

Ok, well that's it for now. Maybe this will keep Tom from bugging me to post something for at least two days. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

MadLibbs said...

I've seen that guy too cma, but it read

" Parents Killed by Ninjas"