Monday, June 8, 2009

I made food, and so can you!

So I've decided that I'm going to try to cook one thing a week from now on (like a legit meal), and I'll post what I made and if it tasted good or totally sucked balls. Anyone who knows me, knows that I pretty much have never cooked a real meal in my life, so if I can do it, so can you.

**Also, if anyone has a recipe that they haven't tried but want to know if it's good, I'll try to make it and then you know how it tastes.**

I know that Tom likes to cook as well and fancies himself quite the chef so I'm sure he'll chime in too. Here's what I made last week. It was pretty good. For a side, I made some mashed potatoes from scratch as well. I forgot to make a vegetable, but I imagine that pretty much any veggie would have tasted fine.

High heat roasting keeps this coconut-infused red snapper moist and flavorful. Dijon mustard and lime juice combine to make a piquant sauce.

Coconut Lime Fillets

1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut (**I used sweetened coconut and it was still good**)
1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
4 red snapper fillets (**My fillets were about 6 oz.**)
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lime juice

(1) Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
(2) Combine egg and coconut milk in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs, coconut and lime peel in another shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then dredge in coconut mixture. Arrange fillets on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes (**probably more like 15-20 minutes**), or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
(3) Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, mustard and lime juice in a small bowl. Serve alongside fish.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition per serving: Calories 313 Fat 18.6g Sat. Fat 11.04g Protein 27.16g Cholesterol 95.40mg Sodium 288.5mg

Overall, pretty healthy and delicious. Bon Appétit.

Until Next Time,

-M-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed Mark!