Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall TV Preview



Summer is coming to a close, but one thing I enjoy about this time of year is the season premiere of shows other than Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader? I will preface this preview list by saying that I have terrible taste in television other than comedies and anyone who knows me or has lived with me can vouch for that statement. With that said, here’s what I’m looking forward to. If I'm missing something, please let me know and I will give it a shot.

Monday
7-7:30 (CBS) – The Big Bang Theory
7:30-8 (CBS) – How I Met Your Mother
8-8:30 (CBS) – Two and a Half Men
9-9:30 (MTV) – The Hills

CBS has a decent run of comedies starting with The Big Bang Theory, which is based on a bunch of scientist nerds who live across the hall from the hot girl from “8 Simple Rules” (above). Simple, but brilliant. I started watching this show earlier this year and there are a few good laughs every episode.

How I Met Your Mother tries to be Friends with a slightly younger crowd. Neil Patrick Harris makes this show, otherwise I wouldn’t watch it. There’s a little too much mushy relationship crap for my taste, but its not a waste of 30 minutes. Also, if anyone hasn’t noticed, Bob Saget is the narrator.

I’ve only seen one episode of Two and a Half Men, but the one I saw was great. Definitely worth a couple episodes.

Yes, I watch The Hills. I don’t really need an explanation for this other than there are a bunch of hot girls my age (above) parading around LA. Questions?

Tuesday
8:30-9 (BTN) – Illinois Football: The Journey

Well done show about the 2008 Fighting Illini football team. Already a couple episodes in, so catch up.

Wednesday
9-10 (FX) - Sons of Anarchy
9-10 (MTV) - Real World/Road Rules Challenge

Pretty weak night for TV, so you can watch a corrupt biker gang show, which is decent and has the mom from Married With Children. I would only watch this if it was already on and have nothing better to do. And yes, I watch The Challenge. I missed the first episode, but as long as CT is part of it, I will watch him and his sauce-peppering.

Thursday
7:30-8 (NBC) – Kath & Kim
8-8:30 (NBC) – The Office
8:30-9 (NBC) – 30 Rock
9-9:30 (FX) – Always Sunny

This is definitely the night for TV this fall. I figure I will give Kath and Kim one or two episodes because the trailers were decent, plus there’s nothing else on at that time. By now, you either like The Office or you don’t, but this is a critical season for this show to get back to where it was in its first few seasons. 30 Rock is hilarious and well-written, led by a solid trio of Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan, all of which are great. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably the best of the bunch on this night and the show I’m looking forward to most unless The Office can return itself to glory.

Sunday
All Day Marathons (BRAVO, USA) - Law and Order: Criminal Intent (BRAVO, USA)
9-9:30 (HBO) - Entourage

Law and Order: CI is probably the best show there is on TV as long as Detective Robert Goren (above) is on the case. I haven’t watched Entourage in a season or two, but that’s cause I don’t have HBO. I’d recommend for anyone who has it.

* I think it took me longer to upload the pictures on this post than to write it, so I apologize if this doesnt make sense. I'm not a journalism major with a bunch of time on my hands or anything.

7 comments:

MadLibbs said...

Law and Order SVU > Law and Order CI

Tom said...

Puke

Unknown said...

Law and Order CI < Law and Order SVU < Law and Order (original) < a freshly squeezed goat turd

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

nice gene, also I think we're all forgetting about a little show called Smallville (not small penis Tom). Anyways, check it out. This season promises to be extra BA. I'm giving a 98% chance that Clark flies.

Scottimus said...

I like Heroes on NBC. Season 3 starts next week and is predicted to be the best yet. Also looking forward to the turn of the year: 24 and Lost will finally return in (hopefully) all of their glory. I just started watching Dexter on Showtime, another very cool show if you have the network. My guilty pleasure pick is One Tree Hill. I could watch and listen to Sophia Bush all night.

Tom said...

Scott, in the words of George Costanza, it's not so much the looking as it is the listening, you can not forget the listening.