Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Got Banned

I have officially been banned from all Intramurals at U of I for this semester and next. You may say, "Did you get in a fight Mark?"  No, I did not get in a fight. Just read the email conversation I had with the douche assistant director, Terry, of intramurals that got me banned.


"Captains,

Unfortunately, today and tomorrow soccer games will have to be postponed, due to the weather. If the weather breaks, we will try to play games later this week and/or starting on Sunday. The game times will stay the same, but the days will change depending on the weather, so please be prepared to play. If this weather continues, we will host the playoffs during the spring semester. If a team loses a player to graduation, we will allow a team to add two players to a roster. We will also, provide championship t-shirts to the winning teams whose members have graduated during the Fall Semester. We will keep all teams posted on any changes that are made. Thank you ahead of time for your understanding.   

Terry Elmore"


"I am on Chubby Bunnies FC. I am wondering why we can't just move the games indoor to CIRCE? 

Mark Haney"


"No! 

Terry Elmore"


"Umm, a more mature response would be appreciated in the future. But if you want to act like a 5 year old, that's fine too. I guess I'm not surprised at the total incompetence of the intramural program now with children like you running it. Luckily I won't have to deal with it much longer as I'm graduating. Good luck running it into the ground. 

Mark"


"Well, Mark I am sorry that you feel that way. I can tell you that when we do resume play, you will not be eligible to participate. 

Terry Elmore"


"I expected as much when I wrote my first email.

Love,

Mark"


"Mark,

What you do not understand is that there are other programs that go on at CRCE. Trust me; you have no idea how much I would like for the soccer playoffs to go forward and to be finished. We do not control the weather and we are trying to be as accommodating as we can. What I will not tolerate from anyone is disrespect. Your ban from intramurals will be for the remainder of this semester as well as the spring semester. If you would like to appeal this ban, I am more than willing to have a meeting with you. Until that time, good luck in the future and again – I am sorry you feel the way that you do. 

Terry Elmore"


"I have no intention of playing in the future. Don't worry. I wouldn't dream of giving your terribly run program any more money.

Respect,

Mark"


"Good Luck! 

Terry Elmore"

TERRY = DOUCHE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha a humorous exchange but I think I have to side with Terry on this one. His response to your first email was a bit curt, but your rant was out of nowhere. Why did you feel the need to call him a 5 year old instead of just asking for more information?

M said...

Dude, this guy runs intramurals like a moron. I've been wanting to tell him off years. This just gave me an opportunity. It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm graduating, so I can't participate next semester anyway. Plus, he just sent out another email officially postponing the playoffs until the spring. So I wouldn't have been able to play.